Wednesday, July 04, 2007



A friend got a new mac and one of the photo options is this distortion tool that makes you pee your pants continuously while you mess around with it. This photo is a little example. Abel was unsure how to take this cool gadget. He kept looking back at us to see if that is how we really looked. Some of them are very weird looking, so I just wanted to share one of the milder ones so as to not scare the children.

For the past week I have been painting my bathroom but right now I don't feel much like working on it. I didn't actually start putting paint on the walls until Monday night because it took a few days to get the prep work done. Old creaky homes require a little more attention to detail like patching holes and sanding. In a bathroom? Especially when the last person to paint these walls thought it was a great idea to paint over thumbtacks and the like. This project has been another one that was a long time coming. I have wanted to do it since we moved in four years ago this month. But the little guy in the next room (who is unsuccessfully trying to sleep through the booming fireworks) came around and was a little more interesting and demanding of attention than an eye-sore bathroom.

Slowly we are making improvements. We painted the kitchen and second bedroom when we moved in. Later we painted and fixed up the dining and living rooms, followed by the front porch (which is half done) and the front hallway. Now we have to finish the bathroom, paint the small hallway by Abel's room, redo our bedroom and do something interesting to the basement. All in good time. This is in addition to painting our rental properties, adding carpet and light fixtures to those and Scott fixing shingles and siding on the other house.

I will post before and after pics soon. I hope to have it completed by Saturday!

Running is going well and I was pretty proud that I finished my first 10 miler last week. It was a bit of a struggle at the end but we pulled it out. Just a brief update for now. Very interesting for sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Far out photo ,Tracey!ha!
My friend's daughter has one of those gadgets too, and took photos of their baby, Connor looks like an alien baby with a distorted head shape..ha..
Cindy

11:29 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh my word, I am pretty slow lately, but this really cracked me up. I was looking at the Abel part of the picture as I was reading your post, thinking, his head looks weird... and slowly glancing across the pic as I read along.... then I saw YOUR face and I was like HOLY COW!! Ha ha ha, probably should have kept reading.

I am excited to see before and after pics of your bathroom! I think it's going to look great. I'll post some of OUR bathroom before too long... it's been under construction for way too forever. Sad.

Keep on pounding out the miles! You guys are awesome!

1:48 PM  
Blogger bethanybeams said...

Glad to hear that Ryan & I aren't too far behind in not having our housepainting finished. It's just so tedious, especially when there's someone in the house who's way cuter than that can of paint.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home