Sunday, May 20, 2007



I was working a hunk of overtime last week and now one more week until four straight days off. I don't think that has happened in a great while. I want to plant a vegetable garden this year and am running out of time to do it. Not even sure if next weekend would make it too late in the season to start? I have to look into that this week. I suppose I could just buy the plants already bloomin and save myself a whole mess of time and headache. Not too bad of an idea!

Our official running training schedule starts next week as well. It will be a long hot summer! Not much camping on the agenda due to little time off and our Sat. runs but we hope to get at lease two in at some point. So there is my boring update, I'll let you know how both of those things go. I am praying God will show us the joy of simplicity this summer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Not to mention that planting vegetables someone ELSE has had to cultivate from a seed can be more satisfying... ha ha. Last year I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, and green beans. And several weeks later, I had ...peas.

Which rabbits promptly ate.

So Tobey chased them away.

So we chased Tobey.

The moral of the story is, if you buy vegetable plants already growing, you might still have to run after your dog, but at least you will get to come home to a nice juicy tomato. :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

So wait, you already let your son get a tattoo?!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

hahahaha! I love your stories, especially about Tobey. I think I will follow your advice...which was to eat a dog? no...to chase a tomato and a pea. Thanks!

Yes, Abel has hit an older and more mature realm of cool... semi-tattoos. This means they are supposed to come off on their own eventually with little coaxing. Nah, it took several skin rawing rubs of a washcloth on a few bath nights to get those suckers off. But, they were cute. :)

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home