Sunday, August 05, 2007


These are part of the woods we camped in this weekend. This morning Abel and I took a walk. The breeze was cool and tossed the branches so you could hear the swaying leaves. The sunlight lowered its way down through the deep trees. We slowly worked through some elements of a low ropes course and he held my hand the entire time he tried each one.

Those are the types of minutes I want to vacuum up and store so I can flash back when he is 16 to remember there was a time he loved my company. Today I took time to enjoy it.

Camping is refreshing. I think the woods brings out your true spirit and lets it get some fresh air.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

I wish we could've gone camping this year...I guess we'll have to wait until next year. ;(

I know having a baby is no excuse since Abel was 4 (?) weeks old when he had his first camping experience. I guess you guys are much braver than us!

I agree, there is something about being amongst the trees, feeling a blanket of pine needles beneath your feet, and the smell of camp fire that just makes you feel alive.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home