Thursday, July 26, 2007

I am still here. I forgot to update on the running. Hope no one thinks I quit after that last terrible post from weeks ago. Although, it probably would be believable. Nope, still trucking. This past Saturday we did 14 miles, our first half marathon plus! I was very proud of us. Especially since I had a gruelling week at work due to my defensive tactics training being every day all day and that included running and physically demanding drills on top of my running schedule for the week. We plugged through it and have been testing the waters at walking through our water breaks and prepping for how we will actually run on the big day. We haven't decided if we will walk for a minute after every mile or every two. Still trying different techniques.

Abel had his birthday party on Saturday due to the big Maine trip this week. After running 14 miles we dragged the party over to the church building and set up and partied. Then we came back to our place for a family dinner. We had a great time with Scott's family being in town at various times during last week too. Abel had an absolute blast! It was so nice to relax on Sunday after all the fun. Then packed up the punks and off they were to Maine.

Pretty soon I will have some time off. Only a few more months! Before that we have many more miles to go, literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home