Monday, September 18, 2006

sweater weather


This time of year is like christmas eve every day. I know fall is close and can smell hints of it but already melancholy about it passing. I wish I could stretch the next several weeks into months, believe me it would not change it's novelty. Today it was quite warm but it's going to cool slowly through this week. That wispy crisp air mixed with sunshine is my yearly dose of medicine.

Something about this seasonal change is freaky. I don't think it is ready for change yet. Sure enough, now that living things are at their peak, a cold north wind will blow it all to bits. Nice. That is why I try to realize every minute of the transition. I don't want to lose it in the snow.

A coworker who shares my birthday asked me what we were planning this year. I told her we may just take lunch to a park and sit, play and eat with some friends and family. She scrinched up her face like that was the weirdest idea ever. "Won't it be too cold for that? I don't think I have ever done that!" Smiling I told her that is my idea of a great day. She still thinks I was joking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Was she a blonde. I bet she was a blonde.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home