Friday, August 11, 2006

not so lazy summer days update

This being my first summer in a very long time that I don't have vacation time is crazy. Within the past 16 days we have driven to Maine and back and I have flown to Chicago then drove to LaPorte, IN and back. All with only taking 2.5 days off of work. We leave again tomorrow but only for a 2.5 hour trip to a friend's wedding and then to see some family. Zippee, my summer is flying!

Today Abel is showing signs of complete recovery from his illness!

I took him to a playground different from the one in our neighborhood tonight and heard a girl who was Abel's height talk like a racist trucker. After she accosted all the little girls on the slide this cute girl's classy mother decided to slap her mouth and drag her to the car. Looks like her chances of passing this stage are slim. Luckily Abel was obliviously happy on a different slide playing hide-and-seek. The little girl standing next to me told me the young trucker is only four years old and "the devil came up in her" to say those things. Abel and I promptly left after a young boy, probably around 9 years-old, started yelling "Tamira is a $%&*" from the top of the monkey bars. Good clean family fun!

Today at work I made a 6'1- 350 pound man cry. He was arrested, again, for assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.

Yes, these are crazy days.

Next summer I will be taking a nice long vacation!

3 Comments:

Blogger Scottish said...

You made him cry? That's awesome. Meatheads like that need to get put in their place.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ay, yi yi! I'd say you could use a vacation!

9:41 AM  
Blogger margieh said...

I'm so glad Abel's better.

Gosh, Tracey, I was already impressed. Now I'm REALLY impressed.

And, I hope your weekends slow down a little.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home