Thursday, July 20, 2006

brain freeze

A phone conversation I had with a probationer today:

Me: "Probation"

Anthony: "Mz. Austin?"

Me: "Yes."

Anthony: "Hi! This is Anthony!"

Me: "Hi, Anthony, how are you?"

Anothony: "Great! How are you Mz. Austin?"

Me: "Fine."

Anthony: "Good, hey I don't want to bug ya but I wanted to tell you my good news."

Me: "Yes? (And would you hurry up about it?)"

Anthony: "You know how I got fired from that job and you told me to get another one?"

Me: "Um, yup (distraction)."

Anthony: "Well... I got a great job."

Me: "Great. Good work, what is it?"

Anthony: "It's working at a warehouse."

Me: "When do you start?"

Anthony: "Not sure yet."

Me: "Well... did you have an interview?"

Anthony: "No... not yet."

Me: "Ok... so, they really like your application?"

Anthony: "Well... I just handed it in, but I know this guy and he said he can put it at the top of the pile."

Me: "Call me back when they give you a start date."

Anthony: "No problem!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home