Saturday, July 08, 2006

Some Saturday Observations

1. I watched as a sixty or so year old man belittled his wife in public. She got up from the table she shared with him and went to sit alone with her paper. Good for her.

2. Abel likes shredded zucchini strategically placed in the sauce with his tortellini.

3. We figured out that the public market is a fifteen minute walk from our house. Wonder why we always drove before!

4. Gay Pride parades are very well attended.

5. Scott is very good at fixing 130 year-old porches.

6. The strawberries out right now make a perfect strawberry shortcake.

7. A snort is very hard reaction to interpret.

8. You can observe a lot when you don't have a schedule of Saturday events.

9. The Tops on South Clinton is much more tolerable than the one on Winton. Much.

10. I like being bored. Very.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

A snort is very hard reaction to interpret.

Hmmm. That is such an interesting observation. I love the snort, and I use it alot in my fic writing. But it never occurred to me that I might like it so much because it is so versatile and can mean a plethora of things. Plus, it's just funny to write.

In the story I'm working on now, I've written it as "snorted in frustration", "snorted in disbelief", "snorted sympathetically", "gave a derisive snort", and "snorted with a slight smile". What a great word!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home