Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Something to do (instead of studying).

This may be very boring to read. I was going to just link it but that seemed to be too long of a process and I should get back to studying. ;) If you aren't interesting in knowing too much about me, skip this one. But, if you really want to play along you should do the same thing in blog form... get to it!

100 things about me…

1. I like Swedish fish better than any form of chocolate.
2. I don’t like fiction written in the form of letters between the characters.
3. In second grade, I pushed a kid against the side of a bus for tripping a blind kid.
4. My favorite flower is the Indian Paintbrush.
5. I like my coffee with loads of cream and sugar.
6. My biggest fear is that my family will die in a car accident.
7. I could live in a cabin on the top of a mountain and be perfectly happy.
8. I have lived in Las Vegas. Feel sorry for me.
9. I have never broken a bone and the only places I have been to outside of the lower 48 are Vancouver, BC and Tijuana, MX. (Niagara Falls and Toronto don’t count when you lived in Buffalo.)
10. I love cooking and my husband loves baking = a good pair.
11. I jumped out of an airplane in Montana.
12. Injustice makes me sweat.
13. Uncle Buck and Waiting for Guffman are my favorite comedies.
14. I could only put $4 worth of gas in my first car, due to a huge hole in the gas tank.
15. I love making jewelry.
16. I hate scrap booking.
17. I was engaged for six months and we got married in a state park, and it was perfect.
18. I am interested in child psychology and Native American populations.
19. When I was in high school I wore a lot of black and played sports. Weird.
20. I once put smoke bombs in people’s mailboxes. When the police caught up with me and my friends we lied our way out of it. We were evil and stupid.
21. I have seen 38 states.
22. I love clothes but am too cheap and/or broke to buy them.
23. I want to try to “live off the land” sometime in my life.
24. I want to spend a few months in Europe (Ireland mostly) and South America (Argentina mostly).
25. There is only one food I can think of that I don’t like, lima beans.
26. It annoys me when people are rude to wait staff.
27. I am so happy I married a loving and funny man.
28. I worked at McDonalds for three months. Blah.
29. I like to sew and play football.
30. My favorite thing to do with my son is taking a walk and talking about the things we see.
31. I have only skied three times in my life. The last time was the only one I enjoyed.
32. My WB addiction is Felicity, all four seasons.
33. My favorite job in high school was as a prep-chef.
34. My heart hurts when I see one of my girls at work being abused.
35. I have had over ten jobs and have been working since I was fifteen.
36. I never went to a prom.
37. I wish I could sing like Karin Bergquist.
38. I love going to the movies.
39. Hospitals annoy me.
40. I never ate paste, but I was tempted.
41. I love reading Steinbeck and travel narratives.
42. I hate reading science fiction.
43. I know that world peace is not entirely possible.
44. I know how to burn a worm nest out of a tree with a welding torch.
45. I suck at tennis but I still like to play.
46. I appreciate sincerity.
47. I took 8 years of piano lessons.
48. I love my church.
49. I would rather play with my son than clean the house.
50. My favorite thing to do with a friend is go for coffee.
51. I think drinking is overrated.
52. My husband and I dream of the menu we would have if we opened a restaurant.
53. Body surfing on the Oregon coast was an awesomely fun thing to do.
54. I hate working. I would love to own a business with my family.
55. I wish I had taken violin lessons and ballet from a young age.
56. I am not good at keeping in touch with old friends.
57. I like making apple pie, which is the extent of my baking.
58. Having my son made me a better person.
59. Camping is my favorite vacation, but I can enjoy just about any kind as well.
60. I once worked as a fundraiser for an environmental lobbying group. I went door to door asking for money, and people actually gave it to me!
61. The best concerts I have been to are: Over the Rhine, Phish, the Allman Brothers and Ani Difranco.
62. I got lost with a group of friends when we decided to bushwhack in Grand Teton National Park.
63. I won a miming competition when I was in ninth grade. Dork.
64. I love going out to eat and trying different ethnic foods.
65. I should be better at prioritizing.
66. I am a good listener and try to give good advice.
67. When I have to make a decision I call my husband and then my twin. Every time.
68. My son is super cute.
69. Fall is by far the best season. A big pot of soup and a thick sweater…ahhh.
70. I like foreign films; my favorite is My Life As a Dog
71. I would die for my family.
72. I believe Emily Watson is the best actress on the planet.
73. I have a high tolerance for people who are annoying.
74. I like to dance around the living room. Shhh.
75. I have been to a Metallica concert.
76. My favorite dessert is ice cream, cookies and cream to be exact.
77. I suck at video games.
78. I have shot a 9-millimeter handgun and a shotgun.
79. I have put change on the railroad tracks and it was actually interesting.
80. If I had a super power I would want to have super sonic hearing.
81. I suck at drawing.
82. I fell asleep during my statistics final in college.
83. I played Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker, and Rachel Lynde in Anne of Green Gables.
84. My twin and I can read each other’s mind.
85. I painted houses one summer and that was the hardest work I have ever done.
86. My great-great-great-grandmother was Aztec Indian.
87. I won’t care if my son wants a mohawk some day.
88. I love oatmeal cookies.
89. I feel most loved by people who have me in their house when it is messy.
90. I despise being in debt.
91. Fresh air cleans my mind.
92. I had my first kiss when I was 15, my first boyfriend when I was thirteen (and it was on a dare and lasted two days). Nice.
93. I despise snobs.
94. My friends know I love them.
95. I don’t collect anything that requires dusting.
96. I have been cow tipping. It didn’t work.
97. I think it would be cool to be in a movie, even if for a minute.
98. I believe kids are not respected enough by the general public and seeing happy kids makes me happy.
99. I hope to see my son grow into a healthy, God-loving man.
100. I love when my husband plays the guitar.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

78. I have shot a 9-millimeter handgun and a shotgun.

See, this is why I'm afraid to go around hanging stuff on people's doors for church. :P

12:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, and I thought my meme was long!

But what gets me is that you didn't think it took too long to do the meme, but linking to it was too long of a process. ;)

6:49 PM  
Blogger bethanybeams said...

Whoo-hoo! Something to do at work!

I mean...

I hope I'm still around when Abel wants to get a mohawk so that I can remind you that you don't care. :)

5:10 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ah, now I get it. I knew there had to be something more to your "linking" comment. When I saw Bethany's then I understood what you meant.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

T-money...I think you have started a great trend! Thanks for the great idea...I spent a large majority of my day wasted because of my 100 things and Sarah's! So fun!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home