Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Lesson Learned

If all of these things are ever true...

1. You planned a long, real (which means the opposite of a quick run to pick up a few things), grocery shopping trip with a list.
2. It is nearing your toddler son's bedtime, but you think you can pull it off so you bring him along.
3. You actually planned out meals to make, so you have to spend extra time looking for weird ingredients.
4. As a result of 1, 2, and 3 you have a cart loaded to the gills with perishables.

...don't forget your wallet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh, Tracey...

Oh, Dana!

UGH. SOOOOO frustrating. That is the kind of thing that makes you just want to scream in the middle of the store. Or cry. I have definitely had tears in my eyes during moments like that.

Have you ever heard the story of when Mom left her checkbook at home when she went grocery shopping? You've gotta ask her. It actually involves law enforcement. Hee hee, now that I've whetted your appetite, you'll have to ask! :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ah yes, the old "I can get this done before naptime" trick. I know it well.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Sorry Dana, your experience sounds much worse than mine! I just had them ring up all the items and hold them until I could get back. So, I didn't have to re-shop, yuck!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Yeah, I live really close, they offered to put the cart in the cooler. When I returned it was still sitting out and they said they didn't have room. I was only gone for about fifteen minutes or a few more, so it all still seemed pretty cold, phew!

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home