Friday, January 27, 2006

Update

I took it.

I am now a PO and have to keep my mouth shut for over a month at my current job. This new position is contingent on a psych eval and drug test. Maybe I am being presumptuous, but I think I will pass, both.

It was a hard decision for a little while. I figured if I work it and see how it goes there will be no loss on my end in financial ways - a little more money and much better benefits. Besides, I have wanted this job for a long time. It will be extraordinarily hard to be away from Abel all week. Luckily, he won't be with a stranger ;). And if I am absolutely loathing life in several months my school application is already in!

*sigh*
No more "working from home" Thursdays and Fridays. Bummer.



edited, I just saw that Scott already mentioned this- sorry for a duplicate answer to people's inquiries!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Good for you! Congratulations. What a long, winding road, huh? I somehow feel as though I can relate...

Meg is right; you have wanted this for a long time. You've put in your time, and it has paid off - I am excited for you to begin the job that you've been waiting for, instead of the job "until."

Can't wait to hear all about it!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations! Funny how life works out, huh?

7:57 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Congrats my friend! You will be great at it...you know things always present themselves at the most inopportune times but it all works out the way it is supposed to! Plus, I need a good PO to work with my clients :)

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home