Monday, December 19, 2005

My Sweet Sweats

A theory I have; everyone has a sweet sweat. Whether it be sweatpants or a sweatshirt. The ones you go directly to your room to put on the minute you get home. Sometimes it can be both, the pants and the top. Mostly, I think it is one or the other at any given time.

My first pair was the most comfy pair of gray sweatpants, I was 11. I wore those things until they were tissue paper thin and adorned with a few holes. My mom (who is not always a saint- see below) got sick of seeing me in them one day and stuck her finger in one of the knee holes. I tried to get away to save my lovely grays. With one little tug they were shredded right off me. My family got a good laugh. I shed actual tears.

Then, my sweet sweats turned into a navy blue hoody. It was infused on me. Day and night. I even got away with wearing it to work a couple of times. Then the sad day came and I lost it. Don't ever try to replace said sweats. They never will be the same.

Currently they consist of my blue sweat pants. These are not cool warm up pants, they are the traditional, cheapy, nerdy, elastic waist-band and ankle-band style. They are something to be desired. I am actually on the look out for a new one, maybe a sweatshirt again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I'm going to try not to comment on EVERY entry you have BUT this one really spoke to me and my 'comfy' clothes! We had a very similar ritual in our house growing up in which we would all put on our "evening wear" and cozy up. Now my prime evening wear is a tye dye I bought when I was on the boardwalk in NJ with Nikki...more than 10 ago! It lives on ...holey but it lives!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My comfy sweats are my pajamas. Especially in winter, as soon as I get home from work I put them on. It used to be a pair of Jason's old flannel pants and any tshirt or sweatshirt, but I just bought a new set of purple fleece pants/top with new slipper socks and slippers to go with it. Mmm, so cozy.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home