Saturday, June 07, 2008


I spent last week riding a bike for work and now I am a certified through the International Police Mountain Bike Association. Who knew there was such a thing? And who knew you could ride your bike down a flight of 20+ stairs and not break your neck? It was a very exhausting week. I have the many bruises to prove I at least tried every stunt. I thought I was going to make it through with minimal crashing of my bike. On the last day I eliminated that possibility by stalling out during a skills test and kissing the hot hot ground. Monday it will be hard to return to my desk chair, even though it will be considerably more comfortable.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Congrats! Now post a picture of you in that sweet uniform. ;)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hey, is that you, in the back row, holding your bike above your head? Wow, you have man muscles.

Tee-hee.

You actually rode a bike down a flight of 20 stairs? You're my hero, even more than you already were!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

I am waiting for the pics from the instructor. If there is one of me from the waste up on the bike, MAYBE I will post it. That was the best part, wearing 40 pounds of gear while riding a bike. Not cute.

Oh, and that is me. I carried my bike around like that all week just to show off, ya know.
;)

6:09 PM  
Blogger bethanybeams said...

Wow. A gun, and riding a bike down stairs? You get cooler and cooler every day. :)

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home