Monday, April 03, 2006

Screaming Noise

I am sorry to all of the people I irrationally get angry at and have never met. This misdirected and weird anger is happening right now...Abel is fast asleep taking a nap that is days overdue and there are SOTA students screaming outside his window. Now of course they aren't screaming "Abel wake up, your nap is going way too long!!!" But I am still steaming. We live on a very busy city street. This noise has been here since before Abel and is quite predictable. The second Abel is asleep I am attune to it like a cheetah on the hunt. I pick out what each sound is and mentally cut the limbs off the person responsible for it. Car alarm..."Can't the owner hear that? Why don't they DO something!" Screaming teenagers..."I know this is part of some twisted developmental egocentric stage but SHUT UP!" and the worst one I confess is fire trucks/ambulances..."Argh, Why is your siren SO loud!"

This doesn't just happen at home, it's in public too. Abel may be snoozing in his stroller on a walk and I honestly stare at dogs before I pass them thinking they should know there is a sleeping baby around and they should mind their manners..."No sniffing and don't DARE bark at me!"

Have any of these noises ever actually woke him up? Well, that is questionable. There was once I think a fire engine did...oh, and Scott's hacking cough a couple of nights ago. I am sure the real answer is no. I just can't shake it. So, again, sorry people of the world, you didn't really do anything remotely wrong for someone to tell you to hush. I need to shake this, it is very unhealthy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scottish said...

Well then.

At least you've got good self-awareness :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do that too, but I have no child. Oh my.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home