Monday, April 03, 2006

My last great-grandparent passed on this weekend. She was a wonderful and strong woman and we are all honored to have known her for so long. Among other things...She possessed a fantastic smile and whit. Plus, made the most superb tomato sauce and fig cookies, and she had vintage clothes untouched in her attic. We used to sneak up there during family dinners with our cousins and peak into boxes. She told us she was saving all that stuff, not sure for what...
It is amazing that I got to know three of my great-grandmas quite well in my life.
I was in Buffalo this weekend for a wedding shower, now I have to go back for a funeral.

2 Comments:

Blogger bethanybeams said...

I'm sorry.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Sorry to hear about your great-grandma. What a long life she lived!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home