Monday, March 27, 2006

Far Flung


With the sunshine today and the weatherman's promises of warmer temperatures my mind turns to summer and being outside more. I hope to take Abel on a pretty long hike and maybe camp in the backcountry. I figure a family outing like that around the end of spring will be what I need to shake off the winter dust.

Since it will be our first long hike with the little man I am a little nervous about really high elevation but would like to do a small peak. Maybe with both Scott and I trading off the back carrier we won't be hurting too much! I am thumbing through some guides and trying to figure out where to go. The peaks I can remember doing in the Adirondacks are: Colden, Gothics and Tabletop. I have also done some smaller trips through regular trails in the Lake George, Cranberry Lake and Whiteface areas.

I am looking for suggestions. Ones that will lead me toward some easy peaks or interesting trails that are doable but will also present a slight challenge. Preferably with camp accessibility. Anyone? Anyone?

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

You'll be happy to know that the Holiday Inn has a wonderful couryard...oh, wait. That's not what you are talking about :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Hehe, well since you were the only one to respond...I suppose that is what we will have to do!

That reminds me, I never did get to rope you into a camping trip that summer way far back. Must devise a new plan!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Ella is allergic to camping...she just got tested and she is allergic. The horror of it all!!!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home