Tuesday, January 16, 2007


Winter is running a little behind this year and it is messing with me. I got all revved up on Sunday and ran 3.5 miles, which is the longest I have ever run in my life without stopping. This morning I was going to head back out but then the clouds spewed all over the sidewalks. I don't mind running in the snow or even the cold but when there is ice it is a death trap. Blast. Hopefully my motivation will survive a lay over. A ho-ho sounds pretty good right now.
After a three day weekend it is hard to get back into work too. As I was getting ready this morning Abel said, "Mommy, you can't go to work!" That is enough to break me. I trudged out in the snow hoping the day would be a blur so I could get back home and cuddle up with him on the couch. A bright spot - I had a judge pay me a compliment on how I am handling one of her cases. It's always nice to hear it from the top. Especially when you are still not completely sure you are doing things right just yet.
When I got home tonight I heard my favorite words..."Hi Mommy!" And Abel ran right into me.
It's nice getting home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Awwwww. I don't know how you carry your heavy heart out the car in the morning after hearing that plea!

But then, it does give you something especially wonderful to come home to...

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home