Sunday, January 07, 2007



Now that everyone else has already made posts of their resolutions or goals for the new year I have finally gotten around to it. I won't debate the idea of resolutions. I just want to document one in particular so I won't bail out of the idea next week. Since we don't have enough to keep us busy this year we have decided to fill in every quiet moment with running. Scott and I will attempt to run a marathon in September and no, that isn't a joke. Although we laugh at the thought every few days. If we have a good attitude and bust our humps for the next several months we hope to not die before we finish. Sounds positive!
I have started pre-training this week and put just over 9 miles under my belt and getting excited. If I stop posting about this it means I have stopped the attempt at doing something healthy and introspective. Since I haven't run anything longer than a 5k I am looking forward to the process with slight hesitation. With that, we are off!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

I'm impressed. I wish you all the best as I watch from the sidelines eating ho-hoes (is that the proper use of pluralization?) and ding dongs.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Would it be wrong if I were sitting next to Lora eating ho-hoes and ding dongs watching you run and I were NOT prego?

5:48 PM  
Blogger Bridgette said...

Awesome! I think you guys will do great. When and where is your marathon? I trained for eight months and ran the LA Marathon a few years back. "Running" (read dragging) across that finish line was one of the biggest and proudest moments of my life. You'll learn a lot about yourself and probably each other as you train and complete the race.

I highly suggest you get a "tow truck." This is someone who comes in fresh and runs the last 5-6 miles with you (Lora could take a break from her ho-hoes :0). It gives you a boost to make it through, especially after you hit the wall at about mile 22.

I look forward to reading more updates of your experiences.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Joe- would you run away from a rat carrying a dog away?


Hey Bridgette!
It's in Rochester in Sept. I will be writing you for some tips!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home