Monday, December 12, 2005

You Goonie!

What is it about this movie that turns my crank? Could be any of these:

stellar acting by a couple of brat packers or wanna be bpkers... plus the side story of a mom led mobster family complete with horrible accents

the huge levels of slap-stick hilarity

the deformed brother they lock in the basement that loves chocolate

sean astin's braces - man, he is a hottie (at least he was when I was eight, in LOTR, um... not so hot)

Chunk's one liners

Scott had never seen this classic! We rented it and I suppressed the urge to recite it word for word. He hated it. I know it is a little different watching it for the first time when you are as old as he is, but COME ON! I was crushed. I can't be alone on this one. It still made me laugh, hard.

While watching it this time I figured out that sadly this movie and Uncle Buck were the basis of much of my maturing humor and maybe still are.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Haha, I had never seen it either, till Josh. I guess between showings of Louie Anderson's stand-up we were busy watching Star Trek and M*A*S*H. So deprived, Scott and I...

7:03 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Goonies is a classic! My brother and I would repeately watch it as youngsters...so I too could recite the lines! Baby Ruth!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home